Especially, she’s enamoured of Koi Pond, an application that turns my iPhone’s screen into a virtual fish pond, complete with lily pads and fish foods.
My daughter’s eyes go wide whenever she manages to splash the water or scare the fish with a well-aimed swat at the monitor.
Not so entertaining, however, is when she unintentionally hits the tiny “?” icon in the corner of the show, which interrupts the koi pond action with a boring how-to diagram.
Anytime that transpires, my minor 1 quickly loses fascination in the fish and switches to a a lot more absorbing match, referred to as “Put the Apple iphone in Your Mouth.”
Nicely, fellow mother and father, great news.
A attribute in the new iOS six software update for Apple iphone, iPad, and iPod Touch can quickly “lock down” an app, freezing all the hardware buttons (which includes the “Home” button) and allowing you draw zones on the display screen that will not respond to faucets or swipes.
The “Guided Access” function will work on any Apple iphone or iPad which is been up to date to iOS 6, and you can switch it on however the Configurations menu.
Here’s how to get started…
- On your Apple iphone or iPad property monitor, faucet Configurations, Common, then scroll down to the bottom of the webpage and faucet Accessibility.
- On the following webpage, scroll down again to the Learning segment, faucet Guided Obtain, then flip the Guided Accessibility change on.
- If you want to, you can also established a passcode for unlocking your system once you’re completed with the Guided Accessibility manner (tap “Set Passcode,”) or keep the Electrical power button active in the course of Guided Access for putting the display screen to rest (flip the “Enable Monitor Sleep” switch to “On.”) Fairly depart people options alone? No difficulty.
- Following, open the application that you want to babyproof—Koi Pond, in my case—then triple-simply click the Residence crucial. The application ought to freeze and a body of Guided Accessibility controls should appear.
- Now, draw a circle wherever on the display screen to disable faucets or swipes in a certain region. After you’ve drawn your circles, you can drag or resize them with your fingertips (which I had to do a number of times, following my little one kept swatting the “?” icon in Koi Pond), or faucet the tiny “x” to delete a contact-cost-free zone.
- At the base of the display screen, you can change off contact and movement input altogether (on an Iphone, faucet the Alternatives button to expose individuals configurations).
- All established? Faucet the blue Start button in the leading-correct corner of the display screen, then permit your tyke unfastened.
And when she’s ready to tap once again, your system will remember your Guided Obtain options from very last time.